Monday, April 22, 2013

Great Week!!!


Hello Everyone!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!!!!!

Oh what a good week!!! I really can not believe that it has been 7 days since I emailed last. So crazy!! So much has happened this week. The Lord truly blesses those that are obedient and work hard. Dad I started expecting miracles...and you know what? I have seen many miracles this week!

Monday: I think last Monday was one of the busiest Mondays that I have had on my mission. We had to do all of the normal laundry, emailing, and shopping, then we had lunch with a member. Sister Crilley (Relief Society President) invited us over for lunch along with Heather (a recent convert.) We had a lot of fun. That night we taught Erin. She is doing pretty well. I don’t even know where to begin with her. I can not even wrap my head around the things that she has been through in her life. She reads The Book of Mormon all the time, I think she is already in 2 Nephi. She recognizes that it brings comfort into her life.  I have prayed for miracles to happen here in Saint John, and I know they will start with her. She is going to surprise herself. She is going to learn all of these things and become a very happy person. She is amazing. The church needs her, and she needs this church!!

Tuesday: We had a district training on Tuesday morning. Our zone leader Elder Clark surprised us by being there. He is such a great missionary. Elder Prince always does such a great job with the trainings. I always feel like I can truly “take over the world” (only with the Lords help) after we leave these meetings. Tuesday night we went knocking on a street called “Alexandra St.” We met this great guy, Joe. He was very nice, when he opened the door he came out and talked to us for about 20 minuets. He is held up on the fact that we have a prophet. (He is very catholic.) He asked us how we knew this...one of my most favorite questions to answer....its only a one word answer....PRAYER!!! We asked if we could leave a Book of Mormon with him to read for himself. He agreed. He said “I will read it and I will pray about it and I will let you know what happens.” We decided to give him a few days to read, so we will be going back tonight to see him again.

Wednesday: One of our investigators, Barb, dropped us. We called to set up another appointment, and she said that she wanted to stick with her own church. 
Well we also went to visit a potential investigator this week, Lisa. Lisa is 22 and a full time student, and has a full time job. She referred a visit from missionaries through mormon.org. She has been looking at the website since October. She also listens to the Mormon channel every day. We went to see her the week before last and ended up teaching her dad because she was not home. We taught her the restoration. THE EASIEST LESSON I HAVE EVER TAUGHT!!! It was almost too easy. When we taught her dad we left a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet. She read the pamphlet and did all of the extra study questions in the back. PREPARED!!! She knew everything we were teaching. She was answering questions before we even asked them. Well we asked her to be baptized and she agreed. She also came to listen to Elder Holland this week end!!! So good! We don’t get to see her till Thursday because she has finals this week. But we are very excited to see her.

Thursday: Well the only lesson that we had lined up for the day was with this guy named Steve. We met him a couple of weeks ago while we were knocking, and he asked us to come back. 

Friday: Weekly Planning! I don’t think there was really anything that was too exciting on Friday.

Saturday: We had dinner with the Hurtado family (Ester, Rosa, and Cloudia) I just love them. The girls are so cute, and hate when we have to leave. They got a new baby kitten. So cute...so yes I had to hold it. I know I could hear you the whole time mom....but I could not resist...Which you know was not so good for me later. But hey I survived!! We taught the girls about missionary work. Read from their Book of Mormon stories book about Aaron. They are growing in the gospel so fast! They love church and love learning about Christ.

SUNDAY!!!! THEY DAY WE HAVE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! We had our stake conference in Fredrickton. About an hour and a half away. There were a lot of missionaries there, and a lot of members coming, so they asked all of the missionaries to sit in the primary room and watch it on a tv. We all of course agreed. Lisa came!! The first three rows were saved for non members, recent converts and less active members. So we took Lisa in to get her a good seat. There was room for her and she was fine sitting by herself, but then we were told that we could not leave her to sit by herself (the guy that was telling us this was in the stake presidency) he winked at us and showed a seat in the second row. Elder Holland is amazing...but even more amazing in person!!! The meeting was full of the spirit. Lisa cried the whole time, and said she had goose bumps. Yes that is the spirit testifying that it is so true!

The church is so very true! I know it with all my heart. I heard words from an apostle this weekend and I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. He gave us an apostolic blessing. It was one of the most amazing things that I have ever experienced. I want you all to know that you were all included in that blessing. An apostle of the the Lord has truly blessed you. I am so very grateful for the sure knowledge that I have, Joseph Smith truly is a Prophet of the Lord. We have a living modern day prophet Thomas S. Monson. Christ lives and I know I can live with my Heavenly Father because of the sacrifice that Christ made for me. I love it and I know it...and I always try to live it!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

This will truly be the best week!

Love,
Rachele

No comments:

Post a Comment