Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Great things!!!


Hello!

What a great week this has been. There has been so much going on this week its hard to remember everything. We have had great success this week. We are teaching two investigators (Erin and Barb) Both of them have committed to be baptized. Erin on May 25th and Barb on May 18th. So exciting!!

Monday:Lets see Monday morning was just like any other. We did laundry, grocery shopping, and emailing. Then we went to the nature park with the Elders. Monday night we had dinner with the Woodruff's. I love them. They have two kids (Madlynn and Victor) Too funny!! Madlynn knows everything about any kind of dog you can think of! She is very smart. Victor loves freeze tag (we play every time we are there.) Great members. We also had a lesson with Heather and Brendan. Well Brendan texted us earlier that day and asked if his sister (Erin) could sit in on the lesson....Would we really say no?!! I don't think so!! Well we taught Erin the Restoration. She seemed interested. She said she would read and try to pray to know if it is true. Erin has been through a lot in the past few years, and has a hard time understanding that God loves her. 

Tuesday: Every Tuesday morning we have our District Training. They are always helpful and fun. Elder Prince is our District leader. (lets just say he does not have any sisters...we have trained him pretty well.) The rest of Tuesday was a little less productive. Not much happened that day. 

Wednesday: We always have breakfast at The Cosman's on Wednesdays. Bro. Cosman is our Ward Mission Leader, so he invites us over for breakfast while we have our weekly update meeting. The rest of that day was just like any other ordinary missionary day...not much went on. Knocking and contacting people. 

Thursday:  We had a triple blitz for our area. Which means both the Zone Leader (Elder Clark) and the District Leader (Elder Prince) come and work in our area. Oh and their companions as well. These are two of the best Elders that I know. They are the hardest working, and most focused.  President told us that we are the only sisters in the mission working with the elders like this..he said he wants to see how it works before he has everyone else do it as well.  We have a total of 19 Sister in the mission, 6 more coming in three weeks, and only one leaving. 

Friday: oh weekly planning day! Love it...  We also had some lessons on Friday. We got to see Holly..Finally!!! We have not seen her forever! she has been sick and busy with work. Ps she does the best Donald Duck impression ever!! haha. Well we also had a lesson with Barb (the first time) She is such a nice lady... but she is great. She has been baptized baptist. We taught her the restoration, and asked her to be baptized. She said she would! So exciting!! We will she her again this week. 

Saturday: ok so we found this really cool part of our area...I think its called the Kingston peninsula. WE GET TO TAKE A FERRY TO GET THERE!! So Fun!!! We had a referral from mormon.org. Her name is Lisa, and she requested a missionary visit. Well she was not home, but we talked to her dad for a while, he invited us in and let us teach him. He said that he did not know if he wanted to know more, but he would sit in on his daughters lesson when we came back. Such a great family!!! All they need to do is listen!! Well we have a lesson with Lisa on Wednesday, so hopefully her dad will be there too. 

Sunday: yesterday was our missionary Sunday  I was asked to speak...I was not really given a topic, and when I was, it changed five minuets before I spoke. One thing you learn as a missionary is to expect the unexpected!! Well I did not have to speak long, only like 3 min. I was asked to talk about how deciding to go on a mission has changed me. I did not even know where to start! There are too many ways that it has changed me!! It may have been one of the hardest decisions that I have had to make, but I know I made the right one!!! I know I am here for a reason, I have met so many amazing people on my mission. I have come to know my saviour. 2 Nephi 22:2 has become one of my all-time favorite scriptures. I am so grateful for everyone who has encouraged me to serve, and supported me at home. I will never forget the process of making this decision.   I love it here...This week is going to be the best week!!!!

I love you all so much!!!
I hope you all have a great week!!!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU TONS!!!!

Love, 
Rachele

PS Elder Holland is here this weekend!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment