Monday, April 8, 2013

For I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left...


Hello Family!

What a great weekend! I love conference! I have learned so much this week end. 
Sorry in advance this letter will be short we have a lot going on today. 

WOW...Half way? Really?! It really hit me the other day while I was studying, I only have 9 months left. There is so much more that needs to be done, yet there never seems to be enough time to do it all. I really like how Bobby said that he wants to end on "empty." I too have set a goal for things that I want to accomplish in the next 9 months. I have been reading a really good talk called the 4th missionary. It talks about how to become the best missionary that the Lord wants you to become. 
This is something that I think of often. WHO DO I WANT TO BECOME. The list is very long, and there is no time to waste. Time is too short to put "me" on the back burner. After all is that not why we are all here. To become that which our Father in Heaven wants us to become? 

This week has been really...slow. I guess slow will be the word for the week. A lot of the less actives and recent converts that we are teaching we could not get into contact with this week. Everyone seems to be busy at the same time. We have been doing a lot of knocking this week. Trying to find people, families to teach. 
We had a really neat experience today. We were getting out of the cart to go into the store to buy our weekly groceries. Well the man that was gathering up all of the carts stopped us. He said "when is your service?" I told him when church is, and continued talking to him about the church. He is pentecostal. He said that we would be interested in coming to church for a couple of weeks to see what we have to offer. He said "it cant hurt right, I mean I am not going to loose anything" Well we continued talking. He has heard of the Book of Mormon, but also believes the Bible (king James version) to be true. He agreed to us teaching him. We have a lesson this Wednesday evening.!  We are always told that the Lord is preparing people to hear the message that we come to share, and most of the time we have to find them and invite them. Its not very often that they come looking for you. How prepared he must be!!
Oh I almost forgot to tell you about Pete and Cheyanne. They are two of the Elders's investigators. They have been taught for about 2 weeks. We went with the elders to teach a lesson the other day. I just love them so much! They are preparing for baptism. Their baptism date is April 27th. They are getting married on the 20th.!! I love seeing people's lives change when they come to know that the church is true! When they truly come to know Christ. 

Well I cant think of much more to add. Sorry this email is short today, we promised the elders we would do something fun today, and we have an early dinner with a member later!! 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL TONS!!!!!!

Love,
Rachele

No comments:

Post a Comment