Monday, September 24, 2012

Another week in Newfoundland!


Hello From Newfoundland!!
 
I love the pics that you sent me. It looks like you had fun at the soccer game! This week was good. Elder Gay was here..that was amazing! It is amazing to see how he can receive revelation for an area that he has been in for a matter of hours. He told us things that we need to be doing that was eye opening! And things that just make sense!
Daphney came to church yesterday. I am not sure if she liked it or not. We have taught her two lessons now, and we are starting to feel that she just wants the company. She lives at home, her husband passed away a few years ago, and she does not have too many friends. We taught her the plan of salvation yesterday, and I don't think she is interested in learning. She likes to argue with us about what she believes. We may have to stop teaching her. She is reading the Book of Mormon, but I don't think she will let it in her heart.
We were not able to see Rochelle this week. she was out of town, and we had a couple of days booked with meetings and such. We hope to see her soon. I think she would eat everything up!!
We are trying to work with the members of the branch..which is like 8 members!! We went and visited the Moores the other night. They are the funniest couple that I have ever met. They are in their late 60's early 70's. Sister Moores even has a facebook!! haha I am excited to get to know them more. There is a sister in the ward that is preparing to go through the temple next month! She is so excited, we meet with her every week. She is a great example to me. She has been through so much in her life and still strives to do all that she can.
I am trying to do all that I can to learn all that I can from my companion. She is an amazing missionary. Not too much is going on this week, other than teaching, and finding!!!
I have not gotten the package yet. I am sure it will be here in the next day or so! :D
I love you all so much!!! Have a great week!!!
 
LOVE LOVE LOVE
Sister Riddle
          ps. Oh, I forgot to tell you that Elder Gay has served all over Ghana! He said he was a mission president there. He said that he met Bobby's Mission president, and that he is a great guy. He told many stroies of him in Africa! It was so cool to hear his experiences there.

2 comments:

  1. So fun to have missionaries serving in the same mission!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our Daughter is loving it over there. Maybe the two of them will run into each other.

      Delete