Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Calling home, transfers, and much much more!!


Hello everyone,

So we got to attend the CES Broadcast last night. The Hampton Sisters came down and stayed with us last night. Sister Rust informed me that yesterday was our 10 month mark. I thought I just said I have been out for 9 months!! Where in the world does the time go???? I really can not wrap my head around time in the mission field.

I think it was this week that we were out knocking, We talked to a pastor and his wife of another church. They were very friendly people. Very active in their faith (obviously) but they said something to us as we were leaving that I have thought a lot about... The man said "Thank you for dressing the way you do. You look very nice and very important. The world is becoming very ugly with the way some woman decide to dress."  Thank you for dressing the way you do...I have thought that over and over. How grateful I am to know who I am and not wanting to dress any lower than what I am worth.

This week has been a great week! I have really learned so much. I studied Confidence this morning in my personal study. I was reminded of the scripture D&C 121:45 which talks about having your confidence wax strong in the presence of God. I have been thinking a lot about confidence this week, the difference between worldly confidence and spiritual confidence. Confidence to the world means that you are good at something and you know it, but spiritual confidence means that you TRUST IN GOD. Work diligently and trust that God will make it all work for the best. My favorite scripture is 2 Nephi 22:2 "Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid; for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also has become my salvation." This scripture has become my favorite scripture so many times! I have related and learned so much from this short scripture. The word trust really stood out to me in studies today. In order for me to grow in confidence I need to have more trust. Trust in the Lord with all my heart!! And then do what I have been taught to do.

Sister Sandberg and I have been working really hard this week. We have talked to so many amazing people. The weather is starting to warm up...when I say warm up I mean I no longer need to wear a coat. Which is the best thing ever!!!  We have spent a lot of time out at the park. So many people go to the park during the week. We have been able to talk people at the park and invite people to learn more. I was able to teach a man about Joseph Smith yesterday while we were walking around the park. It is so neat to see the expressions on the faces of those who hear the first vision for the first time. You can truly see the spirit enter into their heart, and testify to them it is true. I have been able to pinpoint the exact moment when someone decides not to learn more. They say the eyes are the window to the soul..and it is so true. You can see their spirit jumping for joy when we talk about the gospel, then something happens satan steps in and tells them it is not true. And the window to the soul closes again. It is one of the worst feelings ever. To see them so close and then choose not to hear more. It truly breaks my heart.

We had an amazing lesson with Lisa this week. Lisa is so great. I have never met anyone that truly wants to know truth like she does. 
So another 6 weeks have gone by and it is time to start a new transfer. I will be serving in Saint John with Sister Sandberg for at least another 6 weeks...maybe longer!! I am so excited! There is so much work that needs to be done here! So many people to find and teach. I love it here!! 

So yes I will be calling home this week! like last time I will only have an hour to talk...so have your questions ready ;) I can not wait to talk to al of you!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALL TONS!!!!!!

Love,
Rachele

No comments:

Post a Comment