Tuesday, May 28, 2013

"Fishing Trip"


Hello Everyone,

This week has been a very busy week. The busier we get the faster the time goes by. I can not believe that Brooklynn is already a month old! Crazy!! 
This week it has been raining NON STOP!!! I guess I should have expected the spring to be wet and cold!! So much has happened this week, I can not even remember everything. We had our first exchange with the Sister Training Leader (Sister Hart). Sister Sandberg went to Moncton and I stayed in Saint John with Sister Lewis (from Sandy.) She is great!! I love getting to know all of the new missionaries in the mission. 
Sister Sandberg and I have had a hard time finding people to teach. We decided that something needed to change so we fasted all of thursday. Amazing things happened. No we did not find any new investigators but we saw true miracles. The Lord is truly guiding this work. I am so grateful to be his "friend."  

John 15:13-16
 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Well I think the most exciting thing that is happening around here is that Lisa will be baptized this Saturday at 1! I am so happy for her! I have loved teaching Lisa. I love watching her grow and accept the gospel. We taught her parents the other day. They are very nice and supportive, but still seem very skeptical. I think that they will continue to grow in interest as time goes by. 
Oh so I sent some pictures. I sent some from our "fishing trip" we surprised the Elders last Monday for Elder Prince's b-day. Lisa and her boyfriend Chris took us all fishing...only the girls caught fish!! :D We had lots of fun! I am sorry I have not sent more pictures, time is too short!!
I forgot all about Memorial Day! They don't celebrate it up here. I am glad that you all had a fun time! I bet you are all happy school is out! BEST DAY EVER!! School does not get our for the summer here till the end of June. but then they don't go back till September. 
Sorry this is so short! I will have more to say next week!!

Oh my ward mission leader Brother Rob Cosman is going to be in Salt Lake this week. He said that if there is anything you want to send me he would be happy to bring it back with him. I think it is is tradition with the missionaries. He travels a lot for work so whenever he goes to one of the missionaries home towns he goes and meets the parents. 
I LOVE LOVE LOVE you all so much!! 

Have a great week!
Love, 
Sister Riddle 

Sister Sandberg, Sister Riddle, Elder Prince, Elder Dubyk

One of the fish I caught
Lisa, Sister Riddle, Sister Sandberg
Another fish I caught

Sister Sandberg, Sandra, Sister Riddle












No comments:

Post a Comment