Monday, December 10, 2012

No Snow in Ghana!!


Hello Everyone
How is everything going this week? Sounds like you are all enjoying birthdays, farewells, and the christmas season! Speaking of Christmas, have you gotten the package that I sent you? I have gotten 3 chrismas packages. 2 from you guys and one from Grandma and Grandpa Riddle, so I guess I will be a happy missionary this Christmas! (dont worry I have not opened them yet) Well, this week has been great! We have had a lot more lessons this week than we have in the last 2 weeks. So life is good! This week we have been teaching a kid named Kwasi. He is about 20 years old. He is a very smart kid and understands everything we are teaching him. Ge came to church yesterday, and last night we went and taught him about the Book of Mormon and he said "yes! They were reading from this in church and I really like it". Thats someone who has been prepared to hear the gospel. But, sadly he is going to school in a town about 30 min away from Sunyani so for about three weeks we will not be able to teach him. But, he said when he gets back he will call us so we can come and tell him more about the Book of Mormon. Its people like this that are why I am here!
So nothing else has been going on this week just trying to find people to teach! Its not easy, but it is going forward.
Well during this Christmas season I have been missing Christmas. Ppeople here don't celebrate it. Its just another day to them. So right now I am kind of down because by mind is telling me that its Christmas time but nothing is changing. No Christmas spirit, no gifts, and most importantlty no snow. Its sad, but I will enjoy my Christmas with or with out Ghana.
Well this week has flown by. Its going by so fast. Remember when I told you that I was trasfered to Estates? Well that was 6 weeks ago.  We get transfer news on saturday again, but i dont think anything will happen to me. I think I will stay in Sunyani. Its kind of funny that Spencer is going in to the mtc this week while I am turning 8 months this week! If you see Spencer tell him good luck. Tell him to email me!
Oh ya, Rachele Happy 5 months!
Amanda and Nick.. Happy Birthday!
and everyone Merry Christmas
From Ghana with love
Elder Riddle


This is how Babies get around in Africa 

No comments:

Post a Comment