Monday, December 17, 2012

Companions are here to protect.

Hello Everyone once again!

This week has been one long week. We have been waiting for transfer news.... well transfer news came on Saturday and no one is moving from Sunyani. That means at least one more transfer in Sunyani. With this next transfer, I will have been in Sunyani for 9 1/2 months! Holy crap that's long! But I don't mind because that's just 91/2 months that I don't have to be in busy Kumasi!
hmmmm what happened this week..... um    OK I will start with some of our powerful members that we have in the estates branch. There is a recent convert that was baptized maybe 9 or so weeks ago (before i got here) and we were teaching her about temples and family history and we kept on talking about her ancestors and how she can do the work for them. At the end of the lesson we asked her if she had any questions. She said no but all I have to say is that I have a lot of work to do! What? That is one of the most powerful statements I have ever heard. She has now received a calling in the Young Women. Another powerful member we have at Estates is a recent convert that was baptized about maybe 3 months ago. She is facing some problems in her life and her mother does not want her to come to the church anymore. So every Sunday her Mother keeps her from coming to church. And this week there was no difference. We passed by her house on Sunday after church and she told us to wait for a min. She ran back to her house. 10 min later she came running back with her tithing envelope. She said if I cant come to church then at least I can pay my tithing. That is also another powerful statement that just made my week.

So a couple of weeks ago I was talking about the mining town called Kenyas. Well I talked to President Holmes about how I thought we needed to put a branch out there. The people out there are ready for baptism. Well this week we found out that President is going to put a group out there, not a branch. He is not putting missionaries out there yet. But at least we have some progress in Kenyasi.

This past week we had an interesting experience. While teaching an investigator named Cojoe  (kua-joe) (Monday born) we were interrupted by 2  Muslims and they came in and started asking all these questions about the Bible. They kept on saying that they don't believe that there is a Christ. and all I could think is that I feel bad for these two people because I don't know what will happen to them when they die. They kept on saying to me "white man we don't need you here, you are just trying to trick the black man" by this time I wanted to get up and beat them both, but i didn't... but what made me even more mad was while we were leaving one of them said to me "white man who told you to come to Ghana, we don't need your help" and then Elder Chiweshe grabbed my hand and said lets go because he noticed that I was going to give it to the man, so he pulled me. After we had walked away, Elder Chiweshe said, "I grabbed your hand because I thought you were going to kill that man".... From this I know that companions are here to protect us from harm to us and harm to others. funny day!

Well this next week we are hoping to give a baptismal date to a couple of investigators Judith (the one that came to church 2 weeks ago) Kwasi (the kid that went to school 2 weeks ago) and Francisca ( the one that is from fiapre) it should be a good week. I cant wait. Well I think that's all from me this week. I hope you all have a good week and have plenty fun in the snow! 
Sorry I don't have pictures this week I will take some this week. 

From Ghana with love 
Elder RIDDLE

No comments:

Post a Comment