Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"I can do Hard Things"


Hello Family,
Last week was by far the hardest week yet. We had two missionaries from our district go home. It was kind of hard to see how easy it is to go home. Not that I want to go home, I just think when some one leaves you can’t help but think about how you are going to make it the full 18 months. I have learned so much about myself this week. I have never had to rely on the Lord as much as I do now. That has been hard for me, asking for help, I think has always been hard for me, but now that I am working for the Lord I NEED His help! I am sorry I have not been able to respond to your letters. Grandma and Grandpa Riddle sent me letter, as did Amanda, Steph, and Jessica, and of course Dad. I love being able to hear what is going on at home. I just don't have any time...none at all...to write. I hope I will have more time when I get to Canada. Which by the way I leave next Tuesday! I am so excited!!! I don't feel ready, but my teachers assure me that I am learning and growing so much everyday, and I will be ready to enter the field on tuesday. We leave the MTC around 5AM on Tuesday. My flight is at 8:30 and we have one stop, before getting to Halifax, we get there around 9 pm I think. I am able to call home while we are at the airport so stay close to your phone! Sorry mom that I did not send my last email to the right address last week, I sent it to Comcast not gmail.. I hope you get this one! I really don't have time to upload any photos here. I will try as soon as I get to Canada. We really only have about 20 min...after logging on...to send emails. I got Elder Riddles email last week...just a short one liner! haha  We have not had the chance to hear form any of the 12. Elder Oaks's daughter spoke to us on sunday. She is amazing! If you get the chance you should youtube her or something. She plays the violin and her 4 children also have her music talent!
I am really loving it here! Its weird to think that there is more than this waiting for me! I am nervous to leave, but I know that as long as I strive to do my best, then the Lord will bless me and guide me. I am starting to feel the way I did just before getting to the MTC. Not wanting to get out of the car...haha
It is amazing to here that Bobby is being taken care of so wonderfully! The Thayne's seem like wonderful people.
At lunch the other day we happened to sit by an Elder who's Uncle is my new Mission President. And another Elder who's Dads Uncle (or something like that) was the old Mission President, and another Elder who's Grandparents just got home from serving in that mission. Small world! The Church is true!!
I want you to know how much I love you all! I cant wait to talk to you on Tuesday. Let me know what phone I should call, and what time works for everyone!
Alex have you passed your road test yet?
Mickey I heard you did not get to go swimming with Kaylee..it sounds like you will have to plan another time!!
Mom and Dad I love you so much!! Thank you for teaching me the right way to live!!
Bobby was right obedience is the key!!!
Thank you for teaching me that "I can do hard things!"
Love, Love, Love You Tons!!!!
Love, Sister Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment