Monday, January 28, 2013

We had a baptism yesterday!


Dear Everyone 

Well hello, how is everyone doing this week? Anything fun going on? I hope you have enjoyed your week just like i have. This week has been a long week because I was waiting for transfer news, but then I found out that this is going to be a 7 week transfer...so next Saturday I will find out if I am finally leaving Sunyani. I have been in Sunyani for just over 9 months. I think I will stay one more transfer in Sunyani as a district leader and some time in march get transferred out of. I will find out next week. 
This week has been a very good week. We had a baptism yesterday! (Jan, 27) that was my first baptism in 5 months. His name is Joseph. We have been teaching him for only about 3 or so and he believes everything to be true. He is also a friend to one of our members in Estates so it is good that they can help each other stay active in the church. The baptism went very well in all the areas in Sunyani (Fiapre, Estates, Penkwasi, and Nkwabeng) we had a total of 6 baptisms. It was a very spiritual service.
Oh, so we had an activity to day for our p-day, and in sunyani there is not many things you can do for an activity. It is usually playing football (soccer) or something like that. But there are some other places we can go but the only problem is that we have to get them approved by mission president and that it costs plenty of money to travel there. These two places are Kentempo falls (waterfalls) or the Monkey Village. I have been to both of these places. But today we went to the Monkey Village again and it was freaking sweet! We fed the monkeys bananas and one almost jumped on Sis. Thayne. It wanted the banana she was holding.  We also went to this Monkey Village to preach the gospel... OK not really but while feeding the monkeys I remembered that i had a book of Mormon in my bag, so me being a missionary, gave the monkey the Book of Mormon (don't worry I have pictures of this) It was hard to get him to take it but I figured out that if I held a banana and the Book of Mormon in the same hand he would grab the Book of Mormon. It was a great trip today and its the fun that i needed this week.

Well I hope you all have enjoyed your week. I hope it was the best yet! 

I love you all thanks for everything you do 
From Ghana with love 
Elder Riddle

Elder Riddle in a tree

Elder Larson and Elder Riddle

Bobby Feeding the Monkey

Missionaries

No comments:

Post a Comment