Monday, January 14, 2013

Preparing the way for the People of Ghana.

Hello everyone 

This week has gone by very quickly! This week has been a tough one! We have had two baptismal dates fall thru because they have to go to school. Its kind of making me mad because I have finally found people that have been prepared to hear the gospel but can't be baptized. Its hard, but I know that they will be baptized one day, maybe not by me, but it does not matter who baptizes them.  I have figured out that I am here in Ghana to prepare people for baptism. I am here to help the missionaries that will come to the Kumasi mission. I am helping them! I have only seen one of my investigators get baptized, but I don't care, some one will come and have the baptisms that I didn't ! Yes, my mission is hard, BUT I am enjoying Ghana. I love it here. I love the people and I love teaching them the gospel!

This week...... hmmmmm lets see, what did we do. We taught plenty of lessons.  15 lessons, it was sweet. It was hard work but it was fun. We are keeping busy teaching 10 investigators (3 are progressing) and teaching 5 or 6 recent converts/less active members. 

This past week we also got a new branch president. He is a RM and wants to help us grow the branch. So, he is giving us his time. He wants to go teach with us at least 2 times a week. This will help us so much because people see me (white man) and see a white man church. But if we take one of their brothers with us to see them, it helps them see that this church is also for them. So our area will be growing very soon. We are actually planning on a baptism on the 27th of January (we just pray that he won't travel or go to school). Here is to hoping! 

Yesterday (Sunday)  I hit my 9 month mark on my mission. Freak, it has gone by so fast. I cant believe it, it really does go by so fast! But every time I think of how much time I have left, I force myself to sing the hymn "Have I Done Any Good in the World Today" I don't want to focus on going home when I still have a long time to go. 

hmmm... I cant think of anything else we did this week. We mostly just ride our "bikes" (ha if you can call these bikes you have to fix them once a week) around town from lesson to lesson. Its kind of funny when I ride past people on my bike. They think its amazing that a white man can ride a bike!  *just different mind sets here 

Well I think I am finished for this week. Don't worry, I am keeping healthy and strong, No sicknesses. Well enjoy this week. Have some fun for me in the cold 
Love you all 
From Ghana with love 
Elder Riddle 

No comments:

Post a Comment