Monday, September 30, 2013

"This is my Life"


Hey everyone sorry I did not email last week.... I was "busy".   
This week I had one of the coolest lessons I have ever had on mission. I was on splits in my area with our district leader (Elder Komubbi from Uganda)   We went to teach one of our new investigators, Ma Dorothy, and we had taught her about the restoration but did not have time to teach her about the book of Mormon. So we went to teach her about the book of Mormon.  but before we knocked at her gate, Elder Komubbi and I looked at each other and said "we are not teaching about the book of Mormon today!" The spirit told us both to teach the plan of salvation... we did not know why, so before we started the lesson we started asking her questions about herself and her family. We found out that her husband died a couple of years ago and that she is very concerned about her family. So we started there, we taught the entire plan of salvation.... just from the bible (some how hard because you want to use the book of Mormon but she did not know about the book of Mormon)  but she understood everything. We even taught about baptisms for the dead, first time ever teaching an investigator about that. She was crying most of the lesson because she loves her family, wants her husband to be baptized by priesthood authority and  because she is an honest truth seeker.  The spirit was so strong and she accepted a baptismal date for October 27. I can not wait to teach her again. That lesson made every day worth it... I love the gospel!
This week we won't be going out much because we are having a zone conference, district meeting, and all of the foreign missionaries have to go to the police stations to register or something like that... I don't know why but we do. 
So this week we might not be teaching a ton of lessons but we will be busy
Well I hope you all have a good week. Keep on working hard and playing harder! right? Maybe not if you guys are getting snow now!
From Ghana With Love
Elder Riddle
I was reading in Isaiah this week and I came across this scripture and all I could think of was " this is my life" Isaiah 28:20
For the bed is shorter than that man can stretch himself onit: and the covering narrower than that he can wrap himself in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment