Monday, June 4, 2012

To the Center of Ghana and beyond.......

Hello Everyone 
First of all, I am doing great! The malaria is all gone! But last week was the worst week of my mission. Believe me you don't want malaria its not fun! It starts off by your body just hurting, then moves to a stomach ache, and then head aches, and then for the rest of the time you have everything at the same time! Not fun!

Well its been a fast week here in sunny Sunyani, Fiapre.   Its gone fast really!   Monday & Tuesday I was still sick, so I stayed in bed most of the day. Wednesday & Thursday I felt a little bit better and we went to see some members around our apartment. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I felt normal, and like a normal missionary, we worked very hard those days to make up for the days I spent in bed. Today I feel great we had our p-day and we went to some sweet water falls about 2 1\2 hours away form Sunyani. In that same area is the center of Ghana, so we went to visit the center of Ghana. I got some sweet pictures of both the waterfalls and the Center of Ghana. The Center of Ghana is such a joke, really, they fenced off a area about 10 ft by 10 ft and colored the fence the colors of the Ghana flag its pretty funny. Yesterday I had some great fufu from one of my Jr. Mothers (Ma Bertha) she is a great lady. She says she wants to be baptized but is waiting for her husbands approval. which, by the way  is coming along. Maybe some time this month we will have a baptism! Sweet! Oh fufu is one of the foods they eat here its hard to explain but i have pictures. On July 1 the mission officially splits, so that week I will have a new address. Don't worry if you send something to the Cape Coast address. It will still get to me! Well I don't think anything else has happened, so this is my letter for this week. I love you all. I know that your prayers helped me get feeling better.
Thank you all!
Elder Riddle

No comments:

Post a Comment