Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day

We received "Our Call" this morning at 8 am.  We were able to talk to Bob for about 2 hours.  It did not seem that long.  He is doing great.  It was good to hear from him. I won't go into what was said.  It was mostly questions we had for him about the area, and what the MTC was like and all of that kind of stuff.  He did say that they are teaching a lot of people.  After he called us he called both go his Grandmas and talked to them for a few minutes.  They both immediately called us and told us that he called them.  This morning we received a short email from him. 

Hey everyone I know I talked to you all yesterday, but I want you all to know how much I love you and I want to thank you all for your support. I am not going to lie, its hard in Ghana. But I know this is where I need to be. Your letters help so much. I read about 10 emails every Monday and its the best to hear from you all. I talked a little about them yesterday, but mom I want you to know I am being taken care of over here by my jr. Mothers. And speaking of that just today I went to buy eggs. We buy about 20 or 25 eggs every so often but today when I went to buy eggs (the lady we buy them from is a member) and she dashed the eggs for me ( she gave them to me for free) thats 6 ghana cedes about, 3$ she is a wonderful lady. And tonight a lady named Sis. Gladys (she was baptized on april 14 but we confirmed her a member yesterday) she is making us fufu tonight for dinner so dont worry I am getting food.  I love you all.  Email me soon! I love to have emails every monday.
FROM GHANA WITH LOVE
Elder Riddle

We just received this letter from the Couple Missionaries in Bobby's Area.


Hi Sister Riddle,



We were hoping to get you this email for Mothers' Day but the internet has been down in our apartment complex for the past few days and we have just barely got service again.  My husband and I are the senior missionary couple serving in Sunyani.  Our home is in St. George, Utah, and we have been here since the middle of February.  Sunyani was just officially made a district last week and my husband will be serving as District President, so we will now be able to accomplish a lot of the things that need to be done here. 

Your son arrived here just a few days before our big conference.  We just wanted you to know what a fine young man he seems to be and to let you know that his companion, Elder Belnap, is a great Elder and will be working as his "trainer", helping him to adjust to the African way of life and missionary work.  When we first arrived here, we were definitely in "culture shock" but now after a few months we are getting used to this little part of the world.  Africa is truly a primitive country and it can be hard at times, but we want you to know that we have never felt threatened or in danger and that the Sunyani people are loving and kind and truly a delight to work with.  Elder Riddle seemed tired (understandably) when we picked him up the first night at the bus stop, but by the next day there was a smile on his face and he and his companion Elder Belnap seem to be the perfect match.  They are already working hard.  Thank you for sharing him with us for a few months.

Sister Kathie Thayne  

No comments:

Post a Comment