Monday, May 7, 2012

It was like pulling teeth, but we finally got info...........1st Area Sunyani and Maybe New Mission

Hello
Just so you all know, I am in a town called Sunyani. Our zone is called
Fiapre it is a small village north of Kumasi. I think I am going to be
one of the Elders that ends up in the new Kumasi Mission. (not in the Cape
Coast Mission). This town is very beautiful. The people (women) are
very smart.  I am sending you all letters they should be their soon. 

I dont have much to say right now but think of questions you can ask 
me on Mothers Day. I get to call home on Sunday.
Love
Elder Riddle (bob)

We just got this email from Elder Bob a few minutes after the first one.

Sorry it is hard to tell you guys everything in an hour by email, But
we are teaching 6 lessons a day some are to families and recent
converts. There are only 2 people that are not members that we are
teaching. We are teaching a small group of kids that know the church
is true but their mom will not let them be baptized till they are 18.
Its sad, the oldest kid is 16 and the youngest is 4. I am learning so
much from my comp. Elder Belnap. He is from Idaho Falls. (small world)
He is a great missionary. I have not seen him, nor will i,  Elder
Bunker in our stakeGuess who he is dating the Nhyland girl that I
went to school with once again small world.  Elder Belnap  is a
great trainer. He loves the gospel and God. Guess where his dad is
from? Blackfoot! small world. Did I tell you that I think I will be
apart of the Kumasi Mission and not the cape coast mission?  This
means I will either be coming home 3 weeks early or 3 weeks late. I
miss you guys and love you all.

Elder Riddle

The rest of the conversation is Lori and I asking him questions.  You can understand what we are asking.

No, I can not understand them because they are speaking diffrent
language called twee ( i think thats how you spell it) and here I
thought I was called to speak in english. Wow its hard but I am looking
forward to learn small small (they say small instead of little) twee


Today is p-day we went to play basketball. The phones here are
diffrent. I need to buy a sim card and then buy credit for the card. Oh
and the things you can buy here (food) really cheap I can buy a loaf
of bread for 1.50 ghc that is less than 1 $. What time do you want
me to call you guys? ( american time) 
I have church till 1pm Ghana time. I will call you at 2 Ghana time. 

The area is very dirt filled. Very hot, its just like a villiage you
would be thinking of but there are more buildings like
houses/compounds. All one story basic houses. We have 2 rooms a kitchen
2 bathrooms a shower that some times works. I have been using a bucket
to shower the last 2 days. And then we have a washroom that consists
of 4 buckets. Yes i am washing by hand i did / doing my laundry as we
speak.
love you all. I will email you all next week
Love your most favorite son and friend
Elder Riddle 




This was on the Cape Coast Mission Blog.  Bobby leaving the MTC
Front Row:  Sister Yapchelimo, Elder Dinku  
Middle Row:  Elder Udo, Sister Graham (MTC Pres.) Elder Adouman, Elder Dikane, me  
Back Row:  Elder Riddle (he is SO tall!) President Graham, Elder Baird, President Shulz
This was also on the Mission Blog. They just made Sunyani a new District.
This was at District Conference.
Front: Elders Mensah & Okechekwu   
Middle:  Elders McFarland, Nwatu, Brown & Morrison   
Back:  Elders Otagba, Obasi, Riddle, Alba (AP), Nzuki (AP), & Kitchen.



View Larger Map 


Sunyani is a city in the West African republic of Ghana, and is the capital
of the both the Sunyani District and Brong-Ahafo Region.
According to the 2012 population estimates 87,642 people reside
in the city of Sunyani
Surrounded by the forested Southern Ashanti Uplands, the city of Sunyani
arose as an outpost camp for elephant hunters during the 19th century. 
The name Sunyani derives from the Akanword for elephant 'Osono.

No comments:

Post a Comment